Virgo Roma Tor Vergata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frascati pre-amp: gain increased to 200

2 posters

Go down

Frascati pre-amp: gain increased to 200 Empty Frascati pre-amp: gain increased to 200

Post  Alessio Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:16 pm

Yesterday, with Mauro I., we tried to increase the gain of the Frascati pre-amp. We simply changed the feedback resistor, as shown in the figure.

Frascati pre-amp: gain increased to 200 Pre10

At first, we used a 2.5kOhm resistor, but it turned out that the pre-amp is not working anymore: no output signal at all. Probably this is due to the fact that increasing the feedback resistor too much unbalances some signal levels.

After several tests, it turned out that it is possible to increase the gain only by a factor of 2.
So now the gain is approximately 200 (measured with an oscilloscope, to be better measured in TOV), the noise at the output is around 200nV/Hz1/2, which means that the input referred noise is around 1nV/Hz1/2. All this must be checked in TOV.
Alessio
Alessio

Back to top Go down

Frascati pre-amp: gain increased to 200 Empty Re: Frascati pre-amp: gain increased to 200

Post  mdipaolo Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:49 am

I think that we should compare the noise with gain of 100 with the noise with gain of 200.
Why do you want increase the gain ?

mdipaolo

Back to top Go down

Frascati pre-amp: gain increased to 200 Empty Measurements of Frascati pre-amp

Post  Alessio Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:31 pm

Back to Tor Vergata, I measured the transfer function of the pre-amp: the gain is 235.
I also report the input referred noise: it seems really good, below 1nV/Hz1/2 above 10 Hz.

Frascati pre-amp: gain increased to 200 Mauro_10
Alessio
Alessio

Back to top Go down

Frascati pre-amp: gain increased to 200 Empty Re: Frascati pre-amp: gain increased to 200

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down