Virgo Roma Tor Vergata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lasers and RF drivers update

2 posters

Go down

Lasers and RF drivers update Empty Lasers and RF drivers update

Post  Alessio Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:55 pm

Here is an update of the situation of the lasers and related RF drivers.
Old situation:
Laser 1 and RF1: the one originally arrived working fron Access Laser Co. Currently installed in Virgo on the NI TCS bench
Laser 2 and RF2: the one with a lot of troubles, gone forth and back to USA fo repairing. Currently installed in Virgo on the WI TCS bench
Laser 3 and RF3: the spare laser. RF3 has been modified from Access Laser Co to move the beating between RF frequencies above 10kHz. Currently in Tor Vergata Lab.

Since RF2 has a huge line at 56Hz and the controller is not working properly (no CW possible), it has been decided to install RF3 in Virgo

New situation starting from 14.03.2009
Laser 1 and RF1: unchanged
Laser 2 and RF3: from 16.03.2009
Laser 3 anf RF2: controller has been removed. RF2 is connected to the Source of the Spectrum Analizer: it is necessary to put 5Vdc to turn on the laser (at full power CW). To do so, read the following instructions:
1) Connect the power cord of RF2
2) Turn on the Spectrum Analizer
3) Got to the Source Menu
4) Set DC Offset to 5Vdc
5) Turn Source ON
If these instructions are not clear call me!!!
Alessio
Alessio

Back to top Go down

Lasers and RF drivers update Empty Ok

Post  mdipaolo Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:54 am

I have tested the TOV Laser with RF3. It works well. The Maximum power measured is around 12,30 W.

mdipaolo

Back to top Go down

Lasers and RF drivers update Empty 2 beams from beam splitter

Post  Alessio Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:10 pm

During the measurements on saturday, I noticed that there are clearly two beam coming out of the beam splitter and impinging on the PD since the two beams are very close to each other. I think it would be better to increase the separation of these beams, maybe by changing tha angle of incidence of the beam splitter so that only the main beam arrives on the PD.
Alessio
Alessio

Back to top Go down

Lasers and RF drivers update Empty Yes, You're right!

Post  mdipaolo Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:57 pm

I have controlled today and while i am measuring the power in OUT of the AOM (for setting the AOM to the 5 %) i have noticed values strange with o without beam of order 0. I must control the setup.

mdipaolo

Back to top Go down

Lasers and RF drivers update Empty Re: Lasers and RF drivers update

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down