Virgo Roma Tor Vergata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wave front distortions with Zemax/2

Go down

Wave front distortions with Zemax/2 Empty Wave front distortions with Zemax/2

Post  Alessio Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:32 pm

I used the aberration free telescope to evaluate wave front distortions induced by the 3deg wedge and the thermal lensing. All scales are in units of lambda. All the results are in "relative mode": they are calculated by subtraction of a reference wave front (as the Shack-Hartmann sensor does).

The first picture shows the wave front distortion induced by the wedge, no thermal lensing is applied: it is the difference between the wave front with wedge and that without wedge. Maximum distortion is -6*10-3 lambda (circa lambda/166).

Wave front distortions with Zemax/2 Wedge10

Then, I introduced a 3km ROC thermal lens in the wedged TM. Maximum distortion is 0.025 lambda (lambda/40).

Wave front distortions with Zemax/2 Wedge310

Finally, I increased the lensing by a factor of 10, the ROC is now 300m. Maximum distortion is more than 0.3 lambda (lambda/3).

Wave front distortions with Zemax/2 Wedge010
Alessio
Alessio

Back to top Go down

Wave front distortions with Zemax/2 Empty Wave front of the whole beam

Post  Alessio Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Yesterday's images where showing only the central part of the beam. With Matlab, I managed to get nice images of the whole beam wave front distortions.

Wave front distortions with Zemax/2 Tilt10

Wave front distortions with Zemax/2 0_3km10

Wave front distortions with Zemax/2 3km10
Alessio
Alessio

Back to top Go down